When it comes to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) we believe it’s all about putting the customer experience first, understanding their needs and behaviours and developing strategies that drive customer engagement and conversions. We do this by utilising a range of tactics that cut across both on-site content and technical insights.
Below is an overview of our approach to SEO;
Step 1 – Research and planning
- Audience definition and persona development – Who is the target audience? What will they be looking to achieve on the site? What would be there motive for looking for your products or services?
- Keyword analysis – This will inform us of who is looking for your services and also what keywords they are using.
- Competitor analysis – What is the competition doing? Are they doing it successfully? Can we learn anything? What do we need to do to compete?
Step 2 – Technical recommendations
- Implementation of tracking – Can you track where your traffic is coming from and how it is performing? We will set-up goal and conversion tracking so you can measure return on investment.
- Structural and accessibility recommendations – This activity will include more technical and on site tasks. These will include: developing title tags, meta descriptions, headings, internal links, keyword themes, content audit.
- Content development and optimisation – As search engines evolve, it becomes clearer and clearer that compelling content is integral to a website’s success. Using insights, analytics and trends our team will work with you to develop ideas for improving existing content, blog articles, news posts, case studies, infographics, videos and much more.
Step 3 – Content creation and link building
- Case studies – Case studies can tell the story of how you’ve helped your customers solve their problems and can be extremely influential when it comes to converting prospects to customers.
- Video development – Videos can be a great way to attract and reach an audience. Consider creating video tutorials of how to use your products. Or illustrate a process that is related to your business.
- Infographic development – Displaying content visually in an infographic that contains lots of data (often in the form of graphs or charts) on a single subject, can rack up a lot of page views and natural links online.
- News and blogs – Share your latest news with your audience to help your customers feel connected with your company. Reporting industry news will help get you noticed.
- Guest posting – Guest posting is the process of writing and publishing an article on someone else’s blog or website. This is a great way to get some exposure on other relevant websites and also pick up clean Google friendly backlinks (if done correctly) to your own website.
- Publishing – This activity involves publishing the final content format across the designated platforms, for example own website, YouTube etc.
- Promotion – Each content format will need to be promoted in order to get the most out of all the effort and hard work undertaken in previous activities. Where each campaign is promoted will depend on the audience, keyword, format and idea.
Step 4 – Reporting and insights
- Monthly management reporting – During our scheduled monthly meetings, we will look at your visitor and website conversion growth generated from our SEO efforts. We will review the monthly link building activities and discuss any additional ongoing SEO recommendations.
- Measuring performance – Search engine positions, traffic volumes, conversions, return on investment!